Saturday, September 08, 2007

Come Friday

Updated 3:21 p.m. EDT on 9/9/2007 to note that Drunken has my guest post up now.

(apologies to Jimmy Buffett)

Thursday, September 6, 2007, sometime around 7:30 p.m.

Flying into San Francisco
for a post Labor Day interview.
I've got my Birkenstocks on.
I guess I was never meant to
be a midwest suburban soul.
A year back, how would I come to know
I'd find myself in old Castro.

Chorus

Come Friday, I'll all be done.
Come Friday, at the set of the sun.
I've spent four lonely days in a white board haze,
and I just wanna go have some fun.

Yes it's been quite a summer...
prepaid hotels and cramped airplanes.
Now I've spent all my vacation,
but I really shouldn't complain.
Because tonight I'll be over
at the house of Drunken-Sober.

Repeat chorus.

I'll say I'm kinda nervous,
to meet a family I know only online.
That's just the introvert in me
Doubting I'll break outta my shell.

I soothe myself with a deep breath.
It'll be a real blast, I bet.
With Iris, Lola, Sober, and Drunken...
and a hearty kitten. He's quite the punkin'.
California's called me once again.
I knock on the door to greet my new friends.

Repeat chorus.

If you want the full story, check over at the Drunken Housewife's blog in the next day or so. I have been invited to blog about my visit.
blog comments powered by Disqus