Sunday, September 07, 2008

Testing the Waters

A couple months ago, I signed up for a free online dating service that is heavy on questionnaires. The original reason for joining wasn't to find someone, but rather because a loyal and beloved reader wanted me to see someone's profile thereon.

In a fit of impulsiveness, I decided this weekend to start answering questions on the site. I've made it through a 150 or so of the base matching questions, and it seems based on that data collected this far, most of my closest matches seem to be bisesxual polyamorous women with Bohemian leanings who live in Oregon. Well, OK, maybe I'm exaggerating. It's more like bisexual polyamorous women with Bohemian leanings who live in places no less than 1,000 miles from my location. Not that I don't find free spirits attractive, but that when I do start dating, I'm not going to be hip on a long-distance relationship. :-p

But seriously, I did take the geekiness quiz on the site. I'm not surprised by the results because I've never really considered myself a full blown techie geek in the classical sense. Sci-fi and RPGs don't do it for me, and I'm quite comfortable hanging around with a more artsy set and plying my analytical ways outside the realm of math and science. Here's the raw breakdown of the quiz's analysis.

Your result for How geeky are you?...

Laboratory Geek


You scored 66% Geeky, 91% Cranial and 57% Introverted. You are quirky, intelligent, and like to fly solo. You're too curious to live a hermit's life and would much rather be working on some sort of interesting project though be it alone.


You might find it hard to connect with other people or you might have anxiety in social situations. It may be easier to avoid people as much as possible, but this will only limit the possiblies in your life. The world needs the contibution of people with brains like yours! So what to do? Baby steps. Whenever something feel uncomfortable socially, it's usually the right thing to do. Step outside your comfort zone a bit, take a deep breath and don't be afraid to ask the people around you for help.



I truly hope you enjoyed the test as much as I enjoyed making it! I always welcome email comments/suggestions! Thanks for taking it!

Take How geeky are you? at HelloQuizzy

blog comments powered by Disqus